Dental Clinic at Fort Lewis, WA
Back to Dental Clinic Page
Vet Industrial performed this general construction, demolition project as a Prime Subcontractor to rehabilitate an existing dental clinic facility at Fort Lewis, WA. As a task order under an IDIQ contract, the scope of work included:
• Installation of numerous complex and integrated utility lines
• Installation of a new underground eight-inch fire line
• Demolition and upgrade of interior walls, finishes, doors and windows
• Upgrade of mechanical, electrical and fire-suppression systems
• Installation of sophisticated new dental equipment
• Reconfiguration of ingress/egress
• Upgrade to Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance
• Installation of anti-terrorism / force protection (AT/FP) barriers and vehicle gate
Vet Industrial effectively worked with the Prime Contractor, Government Representatives, other subcontractors and end users to ensure the utility infrastructure met the power specification needs for the dental equipment as well as the facility’s heating and ventilation, electrical, fire-protection, access control and intrusion-detection systems.
This project involved many of the same elements typical of IDIQ general construction projects. We performed a thorough seismic retrofit of the masonry walls, roof structure and exterior doors and windows to bring the facility into compliance with AT/FP requirements. Renovation efforts maximized the functional spaces to accommodate the requirements of the facility and end users as well as comply with code requirements and contractual requirements. Weekly progress meetings and open communication with all involved parties ensured on-time completion and within budget. Vet Industrial’s outstanding management and performance on this project is best demonstrated by the letter of commendation received for this project.